Friday, April 22, 2011

The joys of looking through old computer files...

Hi all!  I've had my computer for a couple of years now and to be honest, all I do is compulsively save great ideas that I see on the internet - whether they are pictures I see that I'd like to mimic one day in my own classroom or lesson plan ideas that seem fantastic!  However, in my excitement to save these incredible ideas I sometimes forget to save where they're from as well.  So here's Part I in my "This is a great idea but I don't know where I found it" series: a Popcorn Words pdf file (grab it for yourself by clicking the link!).  If anyone knows where this is from, please let me know so I can give credit to the incredible creator!

For a while there, I was teaching a five-year-old how to read and I used this popcorn word template to print out all the high frequency words I thought he should learn and he loved it!  I typed Dolch words onto the popcorn templates and printed them out on cardstock.  I didn't laminate them, but you certainly could if you wanted them to be more durable.  Laminating them would also be a great way to turn this into a literacy center - your students could use dry erase markers to trace the popcorn words!  I hope that it will work for you all as well as it worked for me.  In addition, if you're looking for a great game to play with popcorn words, check out POP for Sight Words Game on Amazon - it's inexpensive and ADORABLE!

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter to you all!
-Sara

0 comments:

Post a Comment